FALL IS HERE MY FRIENDS!!!
Welcome to my favourite season of the year\^o^/ which also means it’s time for a Fall Book Tag right on the first official day.
- Crunching Leaves: The world is full colour – choose a book that has reads/oranges/yellow on the cover!
Awesome series so far about three friends in their first semester of University. It’s got great quirky humour, beautiful artwork and very vibrant in terms of colours.
2. Cozy sweater – It’s finally cold enough to don warm cozy clothing: what book gives you the warm fuzzies?
Perfect Tree Shapes is a travel memoir by a talented illustrator name Fran Meneses A.K.A Frannerd. This little book is full of wonderful illustrations and great snapshot moments of her life while traveling with a good friend! You can find this memoir and other works at her Etsy shop here
3. Fall Storm: The wind is howling & the rain is pounding – choose your favourite book or genre that you like to read on a stormy day
This one was actually a little tough cause I’m not really much of a weather oriented or seasonal reader. Though thinking about Fall and all the feeling and wonder it tends to bring me when I’m walking down the streets and staring at the colouring of trees and pulling my sweater tighter against me because of the chill and just how sometimes the most ordinary of things can feel and seem different in the autumn season…. I’ll have to say a short, sweet and quiet graphic novel, made better if it’s set in autumn or winter. I’d also probably read a thriller/horror book during a fall storm too.
4. Cool Crisp Air: What’s the coolest character you’d want to trade places with?
I’d probably want to trade places with Bee (Beatrice) from Cold Magic by Kate Elliott, though admittedly briefly because it’s not a world I’d want to really be roaming around in… But she is an absolute treasure. I love her to bits because she’s never afraid to say what’s on her mind even when she probably really should. She’s this pretty little thing full of sass and is much wiser than her years and she’s a wonderful artist to boot. A very sly girl that somehow always manage to extricate herself from very difficult situations and it’s not at all done in convenient ways.
5. Hot Apple Cider: What under hyped book do you want to see become the next biggest, hottest thing?
Personally I thought this was a great start to a uniquely told story. I really like Babette as a main character and I love the trope of having your love taken from you and suddenly the protagonist makes it their mission to take revenge. Also, Fyodor Pavlov’s artwork is ACE. This definitely deserves more attention than it gets.
6. Coat, Scarves and Mittens – The weather has turned cold & it’s time to cover up – What’s the most embarrassing book cover you own that you like to keep hidden in public?
I actually don’t have any books I’d consider being embarrassed of? I’m a little picky with covers in the sense that I don’t buy books that have people on the covers, especially when their portrayed in highly sexualized manners. I’ll go out of my way to find a different cover and surprisingly, I’ve yet to run into the problem of really wanting a book and not being able to find a different cover.
7. Pumpkin Spice: What’s your favourite Fall time comforts food/foods?
Oh man!@_@ I love anything apple for this season. Apple crisp, apple pie, apple cider, etc. I also transition over to drinking mostly hot drinks like hot chocolate, mochas, lattes and more variety of teas. It’s probably the time of the year where I’m more apt to try different teas.
8. Warm, Cozy Bonfire: Spread the cozy warmth – Who do you tag?
Anyone reading this and wanting to do it!!!